CVWD HIGH SCHOOL CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Have you ever wondered how far water needs to travel to get to your faucet or where the stuff in your toilet goes after you flush?
We often take these daily occurrences for granted and we assume the resources and infrastructure needed to provide water and wastewater services will always be there. You might also wonder…who or what entity ensures that you’ll always have access to safe drinking water and that sewage you create will be safely diverted away from your home and treated in an environmentally responsible manner. Crescenta Valley Water District (CVWD) takes great pride in providing these critical functions to the community.
Our Mission, Our Vision...
Our mission is to provide quality water and wastewater services to the Crescenta Valley community in a dependable and economically responsible manner; and
Our vision is to secure sustainable water supplies and ensure infrastructure reliability, while furthering our commitment to accountability, transparency, and cost-effectiveness.
We are able to meet our mission and strive towards our vision through the hard work and collaboration of a highly skilled workforce. Each member of the CVWD team plays an important role in providing essential services to this community. Experts in the following disciplines allow us to be highly effective and efficient in what we do:
- Customer Service
- Emergency Repairs
- Facilities Maintenance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Project Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Water Operations
- Sewer Operations
- Water Quality
- Water Treatment
CVWD is excited to announce:
CVWD is reaching out to high school students in our service area who want to learn and gain first-hand experience in the Water Industry; specifically, in how CVWD operates and accomplishes its mission on a day-to-day basis.
Selected students will get an overview of CVWD’s operations, and assist and shadow personnel that work in the disciplines shown above.
Upon completion of the program, the student will be given:
- $500 scholarship towards higher education
- A letter of recommendation from CVWD verifying work experience and volunteer hours
- An opportunity to engage highly skilled professionals and technicians in Accounting, Customer-Service, Construction, Engineering, Facilities Maintenance, Finance, Operations, and Water Quality
- Leadership training and workshop
- Q&A session with CVWD staff to explore potential careers in the Water Industry
- Complete 80 hours total of work experience spread over 3 months
- Hours are flexible to accommodate academic commitments
- Hours must be completed during normal work hours or during planned public outreach events
- Student must maintain a passing grade in all high school classes
- Student's home must receive water and/or waste water services from CVWD
- Application and documents must be completed and submitted by October 18th, 2021
- Student must prepare and present a presentation describing their experience and takeaways of the Program
Please submit your letter of interest and signed Waiver to email@example.com