Canned Food Drive
CVWD will be conducting a Canned Food Drive through the holidays to help those in need by replenishing stock at several food banks and charities in the area including:
Valley Food Bank
The Valley Food Bank was established in 2001 as an outreach of the Rescue Mission Alliance to serve the food insecure in the San Fernando Valley. Our warehouse facility in Pacoima is a central hub that collects, processes, and distributes surplus food at no-charge to a network of food pantries, rescue missions, and other non-profit organizations to provide hot nutritious meals and food baskets to the hungry and homeless in Southern California.
- Contactless Doorstep Canned Food Collection (by Appointment Only via sign-ups)
- Sign-up online to schedule a canned-food pick-up date
- Pick-up Dates: November 16th, December 7th and December 21st
- Time: Place cans on doorstep by 9:00 a.m. on the day of your appointment. Cans will be picked up before 3:00 p.m.
- Drop off at the main office 2700 Foothill Blvd. La Crescenta, CA 91214
We accept any dry and canned food donations. Basically, any food that is “shelf-stable” or nonperishable that you can keep it in your pantry and it won’t go bad.
Please only donate foods that haven’t reached its “sell-by” date yet. Specifically, food banks often need items like:
- Peanut butter
- Canned soup
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Canned stew
- Canned fish
- Canned beans
- Pasta or Rice